Paws’ services allow you to arrange and schedule transportation services for a pet(s) (a “Ride”), and receive said Ride from independent third-party provider or affiliate under agreement with Paws (the “Services”). You may request that you accompany your pet for the transportation.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you and/or your pet, or could be combined by Us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you and/or your pet. We primarily collect information about your pet(s) in order to facilitate our services to you. However, your personal information, like your home address and phone number, may be incidentally collected in order to perform our services. Personal information collected may also include whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used the Website or App
We collect personal information from you when you create an account or sign into the Website or App, use the Services, provide transportation services, enter a contest or promotion, communicate with Us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to Us, and other actions related to the Website, App or Services. In general, we may collect the following information about all visitors of the Website and App:
- Technical information, such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
- Device information such as the device type, browser type and version, operating system and platform, the resolution of your screen, your location, browser language settings, which site you came from, and your searched keywords;
- Your interaction with the Website and App, including page visits and frequencies, page response times, and your interactions with the page;
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address or phone numbers; and
- Any information that you submit to Us directly, such as through online or in-app forms.
Additional information is collected for registered users of the Website and App, and differs for “Drivers” and “Riders”. Drivers are individuals who provide or submit applications to Paws to provide transportation services. Riders are individuals who request or receive transportation services for their pets, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual.
We may collect the following information from Drivers:
-Personal identifying information such as name, address, and phone number;
-A copy of your driver’s license;
- A copy of your background check, which includes criminal record and driving history report;
- Information about your vehicle, including the make, model, year, license plate;
- Ownership information on the registered vehicle, including the owner’s name and address;
- Your vehicle insurance policy, including the amount insured and insurance provider;
- Your trip history for any transportation services provided;
- Your location information;
- Any pets you have and animal related expertise/experience, and
- Other relevant information that may be used to help provide the Services.
We may collect the following information from Riders:
- Information about your pet, including the pet name, pet type, pet breed, pet weight, pet birthday, and pet behavioral -tendencies;
- Information for at least one emergency contact for your pet;
- Personal identifying information such as name, address, phone number;
- A copy of your government ID;
- Information for at least one valid credit card;
- The payment method used and the amount charged;
- Your originating location and your destination for the transportation;
- Your saved locations, including your pickup and drop-off location of pets when providing transportation services;
- Information about the trip, such as whether the pet travelled alone or was accompanied;
- Your location information; and
- Other relevant information that may be used to help provide the Services.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information:
- To provide the Services for your pet;
- To present you with Website or App content;
- To provide you with information that you request from Us;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or for any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including requests to update your personal information;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- To notify you about changes to our Website, App, or any services We offer or provide through it;
- To improve our website, App or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Usage information that We collect helps Us to improve the Website and App and deliver a better and more personalized experience, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Website and App according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you use the Website or App.
We may also use the information collected from you to display targeted advertisements. While We do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume you meet its target criteria.
3. How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information only for as long as required to perform the purpose for which it was originally submitted. Personal information will be deleted and securely destroyed when it is longer required, except for whatever records may be required by law.
4. Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with our service providers that help Us with our offerings, including those providing marketing and promotional services, website design and hosting, mobile application design, or any external vendors such as call centers. If We do share your personal information, We require our service providers to keep your information secure. Our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf unless We or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer personal information in the event of a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as a part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may disclose your personal information if it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Paws, our customers, or others.
5. Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if We receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with sufficient jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information. If We receive a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, our policy is to provide the requested information.
6. Regarding Children and Minors
The Services are directed towards individuals that are the age of majority in Canada or their applicable jurisdiction, whichever is greater. We will not knowingly collect personal information from minors. We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts on the Website or App or use the Services.
7. Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by Us or our service providers outside of Canada. We require that our service providers follow appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information. If your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of Paws employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information and We require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them. We do not publish all our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness.
Although We take precautions against breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website or app is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will not occur.
9. Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn through links available on the Website or App. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over third-party websites and do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites.
11. Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent using the contact information provided below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide you with the Services.
12. Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. By submitting personal information to Us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and Ontario.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Agreement or how your personal information is used or kept, please contact Us at: Paws en Route
23 Brumell Avenue